
I'm thinking I should maybe rename my blog. But I have to report what I woke up to this morning.
I spent several hours yesterday making candles in hollowed-out eggshells that look like softboiled eggs. I have a beautiful new Spring table cloth from Williams-Sonoma on which I put some flowers, a jar of jelly beans, a plush chick and then egg cups with the candles.
And then I made Lola sleep in the hall last night so I don't have to wake up at 2 AM to the sound of her licking herself....
She must have gotten up ON the table because everything was knocked over and all the egg candles had been broken. Two of them were on her pillow. I didn't think she could see well enough to identify them as eggs by sight, but I'm pretty sure they didn't smell like eggs. I washed them thoroughly with soap before I poured the wax. And the most amazing part: there were NO teeth marking in any of the wax! Not that I'm not upset. But, I feel like leaving a doggie-cam in the kitchen and setting something out for her just so I can see if she looks like she's having a hey-day while she's in action. It sure looks like it when she's finished.
I spent several hours yesterday making candles in hollowed-out eggshells that look like softboiled eggs. I have a beautiful new Spring table cloth from Williams-Sonoma on which I put some flowers, a jar of jelly beans, a plush chick and then egg cups with the candles.
And then I made Lola sleep in the hall last night so I don't have to wake up at 2 AM to the sound of her licking herself....
She must have gotten up ON the table because everything was knocked over and all the egg candles had been broken. Two of them were on her pillow. I didn't think she could see well enough to identify them as eggs by sight, but I'm pretty sure they didn't smell like eggs. I washed them thoroughly with soap before I poured the wax. And the most amazing part: there were NO teeth marking in any of the wax! Not that I'm not upset. But, I feel like leaving a doggie-cam in the kitchen and setting something out for her just so I can see if she looks like she's having a hey-day while she's in action. It sure looks like it when she's finished.
2 comments:
Paula;
I feel like the character in "While you were Sleeping"...I go into a coma for a week, you buy a house AND you got a dog? (just kidding, i know you already had a dog.) Anyway, congratulations on your new abode...it looks beautiful. Also, I think you're a fine example of restraint when it comes to Lola's adventures. I actually can't believe we still have a cat...I'm think of trading Abner in for a bunny...I hear they can be litter box trained, and they are just so much more darling and "forest-like" than a dufus cat.
love, debba
I think Lola would be too smart for the doggie cam. I hope she didn't break your cute egg cups! Those are adorable! I know what you mean about the licking, I couldn't stand that with either of our dogs.
Post a Comment