Today when I got back from running errands I noticed a couple of things on the back door rug that were supposed to be in the Easter Baskets (which I had already assembled in anticipation of the kids visit this weekend). When I looked in the Easter Baskets I could tell other things were missing (sort of like the baby shower game where you look at a dozen things on a platter then try to list as many as you can from memory). I could only identify one thing for sure when Dave called me over to her pillow where she rests. There were 3 ribbons from the foil-wrapped chocolate bunnies along with a little foil she had managed to to get off of them, as well as some empty containers, more foil and some items that she choose not to eat. (She favors chocolate...). This is after she ate about half a pound of my dry roasted almonds this morning while I was exercising.
Why would a dog eat almonds? (Why do I even ask that question? This is the dog that ate ceramic tiles from my mosaic table as a puppy! We found that out when we had to induce her to empty her stomach of some chocolate she had gotten into.)
But the best (rather worst) part was tonite after we got home from the grocery store. Dave went to go outside to get the meat off the smoker and all over the rug by the back door was the worst chocolate barf ever, sprinkled with foil and big pieces of almonds. Way to go, Lola. First you ruin the Easter Baskets and then I get to clean it up. And I'm sure she's not finished for the night....
It's not really an empty nest until the dog is gone.
Happy Easter, Lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, just be glad the kids are gone because Grover had a heyday with socks and underwear! I think he threw up more than all my kids put together! True empty nest (no dog) is sooooo nice for the floors.
Post a Comment